• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD keeps adding in extra iteams of what im trying to make

Reaction score
Hello
Im woundering if anyone as had this problem on there MacBook with a program that came on it when i brought it call iDVD.
I have only just recently worked out how to work this program to make dvds to watch using my ps3 instead of watching them on my MacBook.
I have made one or two and yesterday i went to make another copy of a dvd and all of a sudden when you check in project info there seems to be like 3 or 4 things in there that i havent put in this is before i start to use it or when i put in the movie and a picture it adds in another one of each :(
I really like this program because it is easyer to us and understand how to make dvds on.
Do you have to buy this produce from somewhere any help givin i would be really greatful for :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
It sounds to me that you simply have to create a new project. What is your workflow (actions) to get your content into iDVD?

iDVD is available in Apple's iLife package for $49. Unless you have a really old version, there likely isn't a good reason to upgrade because Apple hasn't given any upgrade feature love to iDVD in sometime now.

OP
S
Reaction score
Well im new to a macbook and all i know is when i brought the laptop idvd was already installed. It doesnt tell me if its a trail or anything an i dont know what verson i have :(
I have created new project and then before i have even done anything there is like 2 things already in there an when i add a picture or the film it adds another two or three of what i have add which is really puzzling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
To discuss versions, there are two things to look at; The advertised high level like iDVD 08, and the real version number like 7.0.4.

To get the version number of an application you have several options. Click on the "About iDVD" under the iDVD menu title in iDVD. Click once on iDVD in your Applications folder using column mode. Click once on iDVD in your Applications folder and then use the the Get Info command from the file menu.

So how do you create a new project. Here is how I create a new iDVD project using version 7.0.4.
1. Open iDVD.
2. Select New... from the File menu.
3. Select the appropriate aspect ratio in the slidedown window.
4. Type an appropriate new name for the project in the Save-As text box.

You should now have a clean project with only theme files appearing in the Project Info window.

This will be our common context unless you describe using one of the other possibilities for creating a project. If so, be as explicit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.