Footnotes at end of document (Word, Office 2008)

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to display all of my footnotes at the end of the document, all on one page, as opposed to at the bottom of each page. Is this possible? I have heard that you can print all of the footnotes at the end of the document but I'd like to have them arranged as such during editing.

Any form of help would be much appreciated,
Craig

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't think it can be done without more work than it's worth. The Word 2008 help states that footnotes and endnotes can be copied or moved. So I assume you could copy or move each footnote to the end of the document where you could batch edit them. When working with large documents that contain numerous footnotes, it would add a lot of time to proofing and editing. Besides, wouldn't you normally want to edit the footnote and original reference on the page where it is located?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.