Returning to Mac

Reaction score
Hello All

Im returning to mac after a breif reprise and im just looking for some general assistance :D

Ive picked up a good (old) Powerbook G4 (15" 1.6 with 2GB of ram) and im just wondering whats the latest OS that it will be able to run comfortably

Im also wondering how it mught effect my iPhone and iPad, heopefully it will be compatable and i can justy start a file transfer from my current (haggard) Acer Laptop to the shiney new-ish Powerbook

Eventually ill make the upgrade to a MacBook Pro 15" but with christmas on the horison it will have to wait till next year

So any help is greatly appreciated :)

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums DanTehMan

The maximum OS for this system is 10.5.8 (Leopard), iPad sync needs 10.5.8 or later which is good news. iPhone I think is the same aswell.

- Simon

OP
D
Reaction score
Phew!! thats ok then :)

Just need to find some leopard disks then,, thought i had some from my old iMac (that was sold on unfortuantely)

failing that im sure i can find something for them online

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Absolutely, just be careful when buying the discs (as this comes up alot in these forums), to get the retail discs and not the model specific discs.

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.