Deleted .plists, and now having lots of problems

Reaction score
Hello all,

I own a 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, MacBookPro, running OSX10.4.11. It has been performing really slowly as of late, so I ran all the usual disk permission check, fsck, zapped pram, launched from install disk, ran disk repairs etc, then I read that deleting preferences might be the answer. Having deleted them all, I can no longer launch iTunes, iPhoto, Quicktime (amongst others) and cannot download new versions either - the download page just jumps straight to the 'thanks for downloading' page, but nothing happens.

Can anyone advise what I can do, and if I have done some damage? I am at a loss what to do. I have done a total reinstall from the install disks yet, as have lost some of original software DVDs and am worried I will loose them and my data (despite backing up) if I do. Are there other system files I need to delete to re-download/install software?

I would be very grateful if someone could give me some advise.

Many thanks

VapourTrail

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.