new imac

Reaction score
Im in the market for a new iMac, but would like to wait until apple upgrades the speeds and specs.

I know no one knows for sure, but how long is it expected before we see an upgrade

Thanks

Antony

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Im in the market for a new iMac, but would like to wait until apple upgrades the speeds and specs.

I know no one knows for sure, but how long is it expected before we see an upgrade

Thanks

Antony

Nobody knows. Could be a few months, could be longer.

But I personally don't expect it to be a big refresh as Apple seems kinda slow on the technology bandwagon.

And what do you need a faster cpu for? Are you doing really cpu intensive tasks?

Reaction score
Hello >

I am a new poster here but i got my first Mac last year which i was very happy with, i also got a new MacBook Pro only yesterday so the perfomance of both machines impresses me i expected the MacBook Pro to be alot slower than the bigger iMAC really but it isnt and thats impressive!

Thanks

Antony

C

chas_m

If you're waiting for the next processor upgrade, that's probably QUITE a while off. They only just made the jump to i5/i7 and I wouldn't expect any big changes or tweaks to that for quite some time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 27" 2.93GHz Intel Quad Core i7 iMac 12Gb Ram OS X 10.8.5 / 10.10
As others have said, could be a way off yet. My advice would be to get an iMac now (the best one you can afford at the moment) a 27inch i5/i7 if you can and as much ram as your funds permit.

I bought my present (aluminium) mac in 2007 (a 24inch 2.8ghz core 2 duo) and it still performs brilliantly today.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.