Screen replacement?? HELP!!!

S

ScottyDog217

I'm new and was looking into switching my 12" powerbook screen (It's cracked) with a 12" Ibook screen. Does anyone know if this will work or are these two things not compatible at all? Thanks in advance!!
Danielle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
That would not work at all. The screens are different sizes, with the hinges going in different places and closing mechanisms are different

OP
S

ScottyDog217

trpnmonkey41 said:
That would not work at all. The screens are different sizes, with the hinges going in different places and closing mechanisms are different
are they two sizes, I thought they were both 12? I was just talking about the LCD, not the casing and everything else? Thanks again.
Danielle

Reaction score
ScottyDog217 said:
I'm new and was looking into switching my 12" powerbook screen (It's cracked) with a 12" Ibook screen. Does anyone know if this will work or are these two things not compatible at all? Thanks in advance!!
Danielle

Do some research on the PN's of both displays, the check the MFG specs. It's possible if the actual size (outside dimensions) are the same and the input signaling and pins are the same.

ed724

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.