How do you use the Remote App with Apple TV and new update ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Would thought it interesting to see how people go about using the Remote App with the new iOS update and ATV2 ...

I thought having it in *computer* mode and using my iPod touch would be great, having it in front of me and close by, and it was in some aspects. I found one problem which in the end led me to now using *control* mode is when i was watching a series, on the iPod i couldnt see what episode and season it was because the title was so long.

Now that led me too *control* and i love it. Looking at the big screen moving and the menu moving with just the flick of your finger. . . . . I dont know if its just me but that is pretty cool ... I love it and works flawlessly

These cpl devices just make watching the box such a pleasure .....

How do others feel ?? Which mode you do you prefer ....Why

Sitting here looking at it all, there isnt much more i need my entertainment centre to do really. ATM anyways lol

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I really need to play the remote app again apparently....

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I really need to play the remote app again apparently....

HAHA Why that be baggss ?? Havnt you delved into it too much ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't messed with it in quite a while and haven't used it in several updates or since getting my ATV 2. The OP made me realize I have no idea what it's capabilities are anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
I just got a ATV2, and I think I need to visit the Remote App again also.
Thanks TattooedMac for put this on our "Tech To Do List".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, I played with it over the weekend. I think I may prefer control mode but did find scrolling through on my phone and then selecting what to watch rather nice. Problem is, I have 4 ATV/Apple remotes in my living room, so I don't really need to use my phone as the 5th.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.