• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Panasonic HDC-HS700 and Adobe Premiere Pro 5 & Premier Elements

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.
Any Mac users with the mentioned HD cam and using either of the other two mentioned softwares? Would Premiere Elements 9 be more than "good enough" for a total novice with a Panasonic HS700 HD cam? I'd like to confirm whether either versions of those two softwares will work with the HS700's 1080p/60p and 50p files. Very few can that I know of. I heard Premiere Pro 5 is the only one. True? Actually the only one I know that can do it is the Windows OS Sony Vegas software. No need for a converter.

I could go cheap and just by a $30 converter and use iMovie 11. :)

The Adobe website says "import only" for AVCHD support. What does that mean? Will it import a 1080p/60p file from the Panasonic HS700 HD Cam and converted it to a codec it can work with?
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiereel/systemreqs/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.