CD Drive problems/Ejecting

Reaction score
Hi,

The other day I managed to spill Guinness on my macbook pro, it wasn't a huge amount at all and after some drying time I turned it on and all seems fine, the only thing is that CD's seem to really struggle to eject, I can only assume the material in the slot loader (dust excluder?) has soaked up some of the liquid and hardened slightly. My question is, can you replace this part? If I am correct it looks like it is glued it?

Regards

Craig
Macbook Pro 13 mid 2009

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
C
Reaction score
Sorry but that really doesnt answer the question, I am asking if a part can be replaced, the dust excluder that is not attached to the drive but glued to the body.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It was meant to give you a little insight as to whether or not you want to be spending money on a liquid (beer) damaged Mac.
It appears that the "dust excluder" is part of the lower casing.

Anyway, even if it were available separately, then you could take the one you have off, clean it and glue it back on, no?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.