How do I prevent iPhoto from opening

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Every time I plug my iPhone in to sync or recharge? It opens even when there are no photos to import and it's just something I have to close all the time. TIA

Edited to add: I went into image capture and changed "Connecting this phone opens" changed from iPhoto to no application. Does this mean that when I actually have made some photos with my camera, I will have to manually add them?? Not quite clear and would appreciate any advice. TIA

C

chas_m

Firstly the reason iPhoto was opening when you plugged your iPhone in even though you had "no photos" was because you (probably) had a video on the phone. iPhoto handles those too.

Second, the change you made only means you will from now on have to open iPhoto manually when you have pictures you want to import. Once opened, iPhoto will give you the same import options it did before.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Nope, can't find any video on the phone. Can't find anything that would "make" it open. Thanks for your reply

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.