New Macbook 13" vs. Macbook Pro 13"

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new MacBook. I'm looking at the online store at the MacBook 13" and am considering adding the extra 2gb ram for $150, however I just noticed the MacBook Pro 13" is essentially just that w/ an aluminum body. Can someone explain the other differences between the base MacBook Pro and the base MacBook w/ an additional 2gb (thus 4gb total)?

The Mac Store website just seems a little illusive w/ their tech. specs.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm looking to buy a new MacBook. I'm looking at the online store at the MacBook 13" and am considering adding the extra 2gb ram for $150, however I just noticed the MacBook Pro 13" is essentially just that w/ an aluminum body. Can someone explain the other differences between the base MacBook Pro and the base MacBook w/ an additional 2gb (thus 4gb total)?

Which part is elusive? Linky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Don't pay Apple $150 for 4gb of RAM.

You can get an 8gb kit for $115.

Reaction score
A big difference between the macbook and the macbook pro is that the macbook is limited to 4Gb of ram while the macbook pro is 8Gb. That makes a big difference if you want to game or video processing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Since late 09, the Macbooks also support 8GB RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
MBP has a longer-life battery, which can lasts up to seven hours – that’s two whole hours more than the 13-inch MacBook. With MBP you have a choice between 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB of RAM and a 160GB HDD, or 2.53GHz, 4 gigs of RAM and a 250GB HDD

I don't know where you are getting your information!
Both the Macbook and 13" MBP have upto 10hrs and see the following for specs . 4GB Ram, 2.4 or 2.66 GHz, and the list goes on:

Here's the Macbook
http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html
Here's the Macbook Pro
Apple - MacBook Pro - Technical specifications of the 13-inch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.