• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

How do I convert WMA files to MP3 files?

Reaction score
First time user of Mac-Forum, forgive me if I'm not doing it correctly.
I can't figure out how to convert WMA audio files to MP3 files. The instructions say to open the audio file, then go to File>Export. Problem is, Export is grayed out so I can't click on it. I have QuickTime 7.6.6 and also have upgraded to Pro. Help please?! I can't reach a single person by phone or online who will help (short of a $38 fee). Thanks, Marsha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You don't say what version OS you are running, but there are a few programs out there that will do it.
Switch, which also requires Flip4Mac works ok, and is free, but I favour EasyWMA ~(which costs $10). Very easy to use.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm running OS X 10.6.4. Thanks very much for the quick answer. I"ll try each one you suggested.

OP
M
Reaction score
How do I use the reputation system? I've been trying for 2 days to get this info from other sources. You solved my problem in less than 15 minutes. Thank you!!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
How do I use the reputation system? I've been trying for 2 days to get this info from other sources. You solved my problem in less than 15 minutes. Thank you!!

If you look to the left of the user's post, you should see three buttons under their Avatar (icon). It's the button with the check and the x. Middle button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Glad it helped :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.