• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

HTC HD7 suffers from death grip syndrome?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Uh oh, now let's see if all the iPhone 4 drama queens jump on this one too ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Ironically, I'm actually listening to Queen right now. Song: Death On Two Legs.

So anyway... This is all well and good but the issue isn't so much that the iP4 dropped bars. That's number one. It dropped calls when the bars got too low. This hasn't been the case with other phones. Yes, bars would and will drop, but not connectivity. This has been shown many times over.

Number two, we're talking about encompassing the entire phone with ones hands, and NOT just holding it a certain way, like many iP4 users do, or any other normal person would hold a phone.

But this is all a non-issue these days, as most people use a case with their iPhones n' such. I don't have a case yet BTW, and grip the heck out of my EVO. Never a weak signal or dropped call. Have had it for a few weeks now.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
So anyway... This is all well and good but the issue isn't so much that the iP4 dropped bars. That's number one. It dropped calls when the bars got too low. This hasn't been the case with other phones. Yes, bars would and will drop, but not connectivity. This has been shown many times over.

Oh Doug, how did I know you'd be all up in this thread spreading your FUD on the iPhone 4 again? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I've had my i4 since day once...only one dropped call(under a bridge). Big whoop. To me, this is more of an issue with at&t lame quality than with the phone, because it clearly has the capacity to get great signal strength. If this was the only phone on at&t's system that had problems, then I would blame the phone, but that's not the case.

As for other phones on other providers, would you rather have a phone with an antenna sticking out, or one that's built in? Because, as it has been proven through tests, almost all phones with integrated antennas seem to lose reception when you hug it to death.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.