Incremental backup for Mac and PC

Reaction score
A colleague and I are working on a project. We do two weeks onsite each per month. We have just bought a WD Essential external Hard Drive for project backup. He uses a Windows laptop. I use a Macbook Pro. We have formatted the drive as a FAT32 drive. He uses Windows briefcase for incremental backup of the project folders only. What Mac software can I use to save updated or new files on the WD external drive in FAT32 that I might create while I am onsite? He should then be able to access this drive to see what has changed while he is onsite. Any help would be great. Thanks. We only want to back up the project files and not our entire laptop hardrives.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Your thread has been moved.

In the future, please take the time to place your thread in the appropriate forum. The community and staff will appreciate your support of forum etiquette.

Have a good day! :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check out this LINK. Take careful note of what the file requirements are for each program. Quite a few require using HFS+ but there are some which will work with FAT-32.

OP
A
Reaction score
Incremental Backup for Mac & PC

Thanks gentlemen, I am now using GoodSync and so far it is doing all I ask. The test will come when my colleague takes over and wants to update his Windows laptop. The file choice flexibility of GoodSync is great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.