HELP!! Boot camp driver installation all gone wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook Pro 13'' 2.26GHz 4GB RAM 320GB 7200RPM HDD
Just helped my sister do a bootcamp windows xp partition on her macbook. running snow leopard.

Ive done the exact same thing with my macbook pro before and its working fine.

I installed windows xp, inserted the snow leopard CD in to install the bootcamp drivers, and then restarted after everything is done (as prompted by the installer).

When it booted back up, i could not connect to the internet, there wasnt a wireless network icon on the taskbar, i openws network connections and there was NOTHING. No local area network etc etc. Just a blank folder. Tried to set up wireless connection, it said there was no network hardware installed. I was like wut??!?! ive never come across this, ive reformatted my macbookpro countless times and reinstalled windows xp countless times, and all of them have been glitch-free. Till i got to my sis's macbook.

I opened properties in My Computer, clicked on Device Manager, and this was what i saw. Thus far, ive rebooted countless times, and even uninstalled the drivers on the XP partition, and then reinserted the Mac OSX disc to reinstall the drivers. Nothing has worked. Help!

IMG_0138.jpg

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
solved. just leave it here in case anyone encounters the same problem. i used the Mac OSX cd from my macbook pro. I switched to my sister's macbook Mac OSX install disc and it worked. No idea wads the difference though.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yep, that'll do it every time. It's because the OS X installation disk with drivers is specific for the model of Mac it comes with. The exception to that is if you buy a retail version of OS X which will contain drivers for all the models. Anyway, glad it's working for you now.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh. no wonder it didnt work with my CD. thanks :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.