Looking for wireless streaming to speakers

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a device that I can connect to my computer that will wirelessly stream music to another device connect to my speakers? I currently use my headphone jack to connect my speakers to my computer.

I am just tired of sitting next to my speakers with cords going everywhere and can't seem to find what I'm looking for just browsing google. Any input would be appreciated! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Welcome aboard Mac-Forums!

An FM transmitter will do it, but only to a radio receiver > amplifier to which you connect your present speakers. I use a Tevo brand transmitter, with four frequencies. It works up to distances of 50 m.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have a Airport Express in my abode to counter the cords everywhere problem. I have the AE in a power point then i have my speakers plugged into it. Then from iTunes using Airplay a can stream any song over wireless.
Another way to go now is the new ATV2 (Apple TV2) .. These are just a cpl of the Apple solutions anyways :)

ATV2 or Airport Express ..... Both cheap options IMO. The good thing with ATV2 is you can stream any media from your iTunes library (if you have the TV to do it) And both these options have the free  Remote from the App Store as well if you have a iPod Touch or iP4 ....

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.