New Macbook Air Screen Different Tint than Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
I just got the new Macbook Air 11.6 and I can't help but see a slightly different tint between the two screens. I'm not sure 'yellow' is the right word to describe the Air's screen tint but solid whites are just not as bright white.

Does anyone else have both laptops? I have not seen this issue being reported anywhere so I'm just curious if the difference is too marginal to note or if my computer is an exception/defective. I'm not even sure I would have noticed if I didn't have the two computers side-by-side.

Thanks for any help.

Drew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Maybe the MacBook Air uses a different color profile than the MacBook Pros.
The color profiles are choosable in the System Preferences under the Displays>Color.
Try the different profiles available maybe one of them is what your looking for.
You can also make your own by clicking the "Calibrate…" button.

Note that the MBA screen is a different and newer screen than the MBPs, so that may also be a reason of it being a bit different.
But if your really worried, take it to an Apple Store and ask a genius about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
But if your really worried, take it to an Apple Store and ask a genius about it.

Or as above, but just compare it to the Airs in the store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.