Cannot remove Norton

Reaction score
I was trying to delete Norton Auto Protection from my mac. I did it wrong in the first place by just dragging the norton folder into the trash. now i have nothing showing under applications anymore but when i open the activity monitor, nortonautoprotec still shows as running. and it also scans the system randomly. how can i make sure to delete this?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well once in Activity Monitor use that to Quit the process.
Then use Spotlight to search for ANY Norton files. If you can find the installer .pkg run that and use the uninstaller within that package.... It should have a uninstaller ....

If not download AppTrapp and run that. Once it is installed it will sit in the System Preferences and is un obtrusive.
Using spotlight again find the main Norton File/Folder and then drag it to the trash. Now this is where AppTrap comes into its own.
When you drag anything to the trash Apptrap chimes in and asks if you want to trash all associated files/folders to the particular thing you trashed ....
If all fails you will need to install the Norton Software angain then go though the uninstall process using its uninstaller :)

Hope it helps some, if not post back and see what else pops up

Cheers

EDIT : And try what McYukon suggested 1st

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.