• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple discontinues compact wired keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
As a few said in the comments on that article, few purchased the small Wired keyboard.

It's fine for a Wireless one that fits in the lap, but the wired small keyboard made no sense to me, as if you sitting at a desk and want a wired keyboard, why not buy the full sized one with the numeric keypad?

I hope that someday Apple offers a full sized Bluetooth keyboard with a numeric keypad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Hopefully, this will cut down on those "Where's my forward delete key?" and "Where's my page up key?" threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" AL 2.93 GHz Intel C2D - SSD, HDD external, OS X 10.7, 4 GB Ram
. . .Logitech diNovo Mac edition. . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I have on of these. It's nice to stash behind the TV for use on my Mini. The wirelss one can take a while to wake it sometimes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.