• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

15 Biggest Flops In Tech For 2010- Business Insider

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Can't go wrong with that list, except for maybe ping. I actually like what other people are "liking" on their profiles in terms of music and other stuff. I wouldn't call it the apple version of facebook, but it's the best to me for what it is...an itunes social gathering.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I was excited about Ping at first, until I realized that I'd probably one have like 1-2 people who'd I'd follow among friends. And I'm not really that into following artists' lives as much as others, much less on Twitter and FB.

I'm happier with Last.fm for the social music.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The BB Torch, Google Wave, Google TV, Google Buzz, the HP Slate and the Kin are all deserving of that list. It's interesting to see so much of Google on there only because they usually do so well with new products (or at reasonably so). Ping deserves to be there and although it may not have burned and crashed like some of the others, it definitely didn't become what I think Apple wanted it to become.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I agree with that list. Even the Ping thing. That was terrible for me right from the word go. I think they should kill it. The kin though by and far was the biggest flop of 2010.

Reaction score
Google is definitly trying to be everywhere, but seems like they're not always sucessfull.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Wow I haven't even heard of 5 of those things on that list. Must have bee really bad...>_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Ping is worthless until Apple better integrates it, especially on the mobile side, and makes it waaaaaay easier to find your friends. Like I don't know Google and Facebook integration.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.