Have to switch back at work, God help me.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 1GB RAM Superdrive; 12" powerbook 512mb RAM G4 Superdrive
I have to switch back to a windows laptop for work. My boss won't allow my powerbook any more because he hates the slot loading drive (some of our software requires the mini disks) and he is a mac hater for some reason. I thought I was gonna have to sell my beloved powerbook, but I get to keep it and our company is furnishing me with a Vaio (oh god!). It sucks because I am on my laptop in the office a lot and on the road a lot with it. I hope it gets a virus!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple iMAC Core Duo (20"/1gb/250/SD/BT/AP)
If you must use a pc laptop, you should have your job get you an IBM ThinkPad or a Toshiba! Powerbooks ROCK!!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Sorry to hear it, don...

We're standardized on Dells here at the office (ryan is right-- if you have to use a Windows notebook, IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads are the way to go-- Dell rots), so I have my iBook sitting next to me on my desk for all my personal stuff. Reminds me of what work computing could be... :-D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
look on the bright side though
1) you dont have to pay for it
2) when its full of virii and spyware etc you can boot up your mac and then give that "ive told you all a 1000 times" look :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
donnation25 said:
My boss won't allow my powerbook any more because he hates the slot loading drive (some of our software requires the mini disks)

First of all, I think that anyone who 'hates' an otherwise inanimate bit of machinery (other than an automobile...those seem to evoke emotion for some reason) is just being a ****.

I further do not see why any piece of software would care that it's on a mini disk or a full sized disk. Is there no reason you cannot copy your software from the mini disk to the larger, freaking standard size 5 1/4" disks?

Of course, my work does not do Macs at all, well, other than what we grudgingly support for our product from a web browsing point of view.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Maybe an external CD drive could help you... i'm pretty sure you can find a cheap annd good one. Also external drives usually are faster than laptop CD burners.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Fry's has an IOmega refurbished external CD Burner for $40.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod
its sad stories like these that make me appreciate the fact that im still 17 and my job has nothing to do with computers, but requires picking up dog poo.... i work at a doggie day care

OP
donnation25
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 1GB RAM Superdrive; 12" powerbook 512mb RAM G4 Superdrive
Its too late for me. I've managed to sneak by for a long time now using my book. Its really not that big of a deal I guess, its only a freaking computer, but I'm gonna miss using it. Thanks for all the responses though, Donnation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
atleast you can still use it at home ;) maybe even use it for work if you have to work at home or traveling, and then just put the information on the windows machine before you go back to work.

Reaction score
Let's see, you have a company that bought you a Powerbook and a Vaio and you're complaining?

Why don't you just leave the Vaio in the office and
commute with the PowerBook?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.