Intermittent Internet connection

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just looking for a little help here, or at least see if anyone else has come across this problem with their mac.

Anyways the problem is that the internet connection tends to be a bit erratic at the best of times, it cuts out randomly and usually requires a restart to get the internet connection up and running again. Now sometimes it can be fine for days at a time, other times it may only last a few minutes and just stop working again, needless to say it get frustrating having to do a constant reboot whenever there's a connection problem.

I have checked the IP Address, DNS and Router settings and everything appears to be in order. Have attempted to assign addresses manually with no success and have returned it to the automatic setting.

The OS is Snow Leopard 10.6.3. Any feedback would be much appreciated with this, it has me fairly stumped.

Backspacer.

Reaction score
Hey backspacer,

By anychance, are you in an enterprise network or somewhere that may have more than one WAP?

OP
B
Reaction score
am on a work network, the majority of computers are PC's with only one Mac in the building, it seems to be the only computer suffering from this problem.

Reaction score
Yeah, we are having the same issues with out Macs. We have narrowed it down to either the firmware for the WAP controller, or something that makes a little more sense...if you are between 2 of the WAP radii the computer is going to try and switch between the two without doing a handoff.

You can however, just turn off your airport when this happens, then turn it back on. It has worked for me numerous times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.