My HD is corrupt?

Reaction score
Well, I don't have my OS Disc, and my computer has been running exceptionally slow lately (with much emphasis on my internet connectivity and Chrome as a whole).
As portrayed in the screenshot, I need to use disc utility and repair my HD, but unfortunately for myself, I do not own an external harddrive in which to Time machine with.

What should my next course of action be?

-Thanks,
Sean

repair.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You can run FSCK, which should fix the HD if it can be repaired. You don't need a disc for that and it basically does the same as disk utility.
Google around on how to, to save me typing it out for the umpteenth time.

OP
M
Reaction score
If you could direct me to one of your other umpteenth walkthroughs I would appreciate that.

Also, is FSCK going to erase any of my HD? I don't have anything backed up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
If you could direct me to one of your other umpteenth walkthroughs I would appreciate that.

Also, is FSCK going to erase any of my HD? I don't have anything backed up.

Using the search at the top of the forum or Google will find it for you.

Second, you may want to call Apple for a replacement OS disk if you've lost yours, you still might need it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
OP
M
Reaction score
Well I tried the fsck, which I believe I performed correctly.
I rebooted my computer and held cmd+s and it ran is safe mode? Then I typed "fsck -fy" and it ran a whole bunch of tests and at the very end said my HD was repaired successfully.
So, upon it rebooting normally I ran OnyX. Surprisingly, it still said that my HD needed to be repaired.

Next step?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I would call Apple and have them send you out replacement discs.
You will have to give them the serial number of your Mac, and the discs should set you back in the neighbourhood of $17-$20.

Once you have the discs, I would boot from the install disc holding C as soon as you hear the chime until you see the spinning gear.
Select language, click continue, then go to utilities in the menu bar.
Go to Disk Utility, first aid, and select repair disk from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.