Zipping files for PC users

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with zipping files for my PC customers. When I use the built in zipping utility my PC customers see the files I see AND a _MACOSX folder. Most of them can just skip over that folder when they are unzipping and it works fine, but a small handful can't unzip any of it with that folder in there.
(If I download the files on my PC, delete that folder & it's contents, rezip and re-upload, then they have no trouble downloading.)

Someone recommended Stuffit to solve the problem, but it didn't solve it. This time there was no _MACOSX folder, instead they saw:

file1
file2
file3
._file1
._file2
._file3

Those last 3 are the problem. They are what used to be in the MACOSX folder. They can't be opened on a PC. Again most of my customers can just delete those, but some people cannot unzip the entire file at all.

Does anyone have any experience with how I can zip my files and make the "Mac stuff" go away?

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I also recommend YemuZip. I use it to send zip files to Windows users and they have no problems opening them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.