MBP Gpu and Cpu upgrade

Reaction score
Hey guys... i was wanting to make the first move into purchasing a new MBP 15"

i can honestly say, times are tight, so i wanted to make the best buy without over spending. having said that, im not too good at hardware so a had a query (2 actually):

1) can i upgrade a core i5 to core i7 cpu on the 15" MBP core i5?

2) can i upgrade the Nvidia gpu on the core i5s that has 256MB with the one that has 512MB?

i am just wondering this if i will later want to upgrade the rig...although i doubt that it would make THAT much of a difference!

thanks a lot!!
^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Hey guys... i was wanting to make the first move into purchasing a new MBP 15"

i can honestly say, times are tight, so i wanted to make the best buy without over spending. having said that, im not too good at hardware so a had a query (2 actually):

1) can i upgrade a core i5 to core i7 cpu on the 15" MBP core i5?

2) can i upgrade the Nvidia gpu on the core i5s that has 256MB with the one that has 512MB?

i am just wondering this if i will later want to upgrade the rig...although i doubt that it would make THAT much of a difference!

thanks a lot!!
^_^
No and No.

And besides, the GT 330M is a decent card no matter what. You probably wouldn't notice a difference between them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.