animated text in iweb?

Reaction score
I am about to create my first ever website using iweb, and I wish to use both animated text and perhaps some minor animated graphics on the site. I just want to clarify that I do not want separate players like QT on the website that 'play' these animations, I want them to be part of the 'background' of the website.

I am assuming that I need to create the animations externally and import them, but I can't seem to work out exactly which software(s) I need and how to do it.

I have Photoshop CS2 (which I am vaguely fluent in) and Apple Motion (which I've never used before) - do I need both of these or can I just do it in Motion and export into iweb?

And just to give you an idea of what I'm trying to achieve, for example the I want the text to 'shoot' onto the webpage once and then remain stationary but shimmer, and some animated leaves to flutter up over the screen and disappear.

This is my first ever post on a mac forum so apologies for any protocol faux-pas!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.