Cannot Access Shared Network folder on 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

bgm

Reaction score
I have 2 macs, one with OS x 10.4(tiger) and the other 10.6(snow leopard) which are not part of a domain but they can access my network share folders.

When I smb to the shared network folder on the 10.4(tiger) it connects perfectly with full privileges, but when I connect on the 10.6(snow leopard) it connects but with a no entry sign icon and I cannot write to the folder.

I presume it something to do with the security settings on the 10.6 but do not know enough about macs to resolve.

Can anyone help please ?!!....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
You could try to mount it and change ownership to yourself, when prompted for your password, enter the password that you set on your older 10.4 Mac. You could also try editing it from the 10.4 machine to allow yourself access.

OP
B

bgm

Reaction score
Thanks for the inf DarkestRitual. will try that and let you know how I got on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Reading my original post now, I think probably the second of those options would be the easiest, though being me I'd try the first way just to see if I could do it. I like a challenge. haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.