Getting an iPhone for Christmas....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.8ghz, 4gb RAM, 500GB HD & iMac G5 17" 1.8ghz 2GB RAM, 300GB HD
it what I was told last week, so needless to say I'm stoked! My question is I am wondering which direction to go on phone protection? AT&T has that additional insurance for your phone, but as a long time Mac owner I've always went with Apple Care. My next questions I probably know the answer to is can I cover two phones with one Apple Care?

Any other iPhone advice anyone might have is welcome as well...cases, screen protectors, apps etc.....

Thank you for the help! Eric

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Each Apple device needs it's own Apple Care..

No opinion on the AT&T insurance..I've usually opted out if the manufacturer provides you a decent one..

The rest are very subjective..I only have a leather case to carry the phone and the iPhone itself doesn't have any specific protectors on it..

Regards

OP
17MBPro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.8ghz, 4gb RAM, 500GB HD & iMac G5 17" 1.8ghz 2GB RAM, 300GB HD
Thank you for the response. Ok, let's talk calendars.....I want to have a shared calendar with the spouse, what is the best method for that. I looked into a mobile me acct but seems kinda pricey. What about Google, Yahoo etc....?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You can use Google Calendar (that's what I use)..I also have my work (Exchange) calendar hooked up..and it will sync with all of it no problem.

So you share your Google calendar with whoever you want and it will show up on your phone..

Regards

Reaction score
Worth noting, is that Apple Care doesn't cover negligent damage or loss/theft. The AT&T plan (which isn't actually from AT&T, its actually an outside company and you download an app) covers water damage, negligent damage (drops, broken screens etc), and loss or theft. It basically allows you to get another iPhone for the subsidized price ($100 3GS/ $200 iPhone4 16GB/ 300 iPhone4 32GB)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.