Droid 2 and Mac's Microsoft Entourage "sent Items" not working correctly

Reaction score
Hello expert Droid users who also own Macs:

I searched the archives and current thread, did not see this issue. New to Droid 2. At work we are mainly PC (except for 4 of us), at home I am Mac, thank goodness (MacBookPro). My Mac travels with me for both. I use Microsoft Entourage for email. When I send any email from my Droid 2 it will send and receive just fine . . . however, when I look on my Mac computer's Microsoft Entourage under "sent items" it is not formatted correctly:

1) The "to" and "subject" fields are blank
2) the body of the email contains the above information but the actual written email is not in any english. For example, (sorry, I did not include the server number and a bit more at the top for fear that IT at work would get mad at me . .no I am not very computer savvy . ..please bear with me).
I sent an email entitled "Test!" You can see that shows up in the body. I also wrote "Again, please" as the only words in the email. That also shows up. but all the other crud does as well, and long string of nonsense characters at the bottom about which I am also clueless.

When I log into a desktop computer at work (there are stations I can use when I don't use my mac) the PC there shows all of the email perfectly--sent items show up with "to" and "subject" intact. Verizon, of course, says this is a known issue but does not say how to fix it. They say the phone is working fine so it is not their problem. . . even tho I told them that I needed to buy a phone that would work with my Mac AND our PCs at work. . . .

So . . .Can anyone tell me how to get my "sent items" box to behave? We use it all the time at my office. It would be a bit of a hardship to have everything from my phone go unmarked in this way.

thanks so much in advance,

S

truncated example:

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:36:04 -0600
X-Mailer: Motorola android mail 1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
thread-topic: Test!
thread-index: AcuRGZy+i/l4l3afTQOUcPe3LOx9Ww==
Subject: Test!
X-Priority: 3
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="Motorola-A-Mail-gHZzXdZa9cTjDE6G";
charset="iso-8859-1"

--Motorola-A-Mail-gHZzXdZa9cTjDE6G
Content-Type: text/plain; Format="Flowed"; DelSp="Yes"; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Again, please.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

--Motorola-A-Mail-gHZzXdZa9cTjDE6G
Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

PGh0bWw+PGhlYWQ+PHN0eWxlIHR5cGU9InRleHQvY3NzIj5ib2 R5IHt3b3JkLXdyYXA6IGJyZWFr
LXdvcmQ7IGJhY2tncm91bmQtY29sb3I6I2ZmZmZmZjt9PC9zdH lsZT48L2hlYWQ+PGJvZHk+PGRp
diBzdHlsZT0iZm9udC1mYW1pbHk6IHNhbnMtc2VyaWY7IGZvbn Qtc2l6ZTogMTZweCI+QWdhaW4s
IHBsZWFzZS48YnI+PGJyPjxmb250IGNvbG9yPSIjMzMzMzMzIj 48aT48c3BhbiBzdHlsZT0iZm9u
dC1zaXplOiAxNHB4Ij48Zm9udCBmYWNlPSJzYW5zLXNlcmlmIj 5Db25uZWN0ZWQgYnkgRFJPSUQg
b24gVmVyaXpvbiBXaXJlbGVzczwvZm9udD48L3NwYW4+PC9pPj wvZm9udD48L2Rpdj48L2JvZHk+
PC9odG1sPg0K

--Motorola-A-Mail-gHZzXdZa9cTjDE6G--

Reaction score
Hi there,

I also see the same issue with a Motorola Droid sending emails against Exchange 2003 with Entourage 2008. The header information is missing and also the sent message and saved numerous times in drafts. OWA and Outlook show the sent item correctly. I also reproduced this with a second Exchange 2003 server at another company. We've also seen this issue with other Droid models.

With Exchange 2007/2010 as a server, this problem doesn't appear. Obviously a bug with how Android with Activesync is saving sent emails into exchange. Actually the interesting thing is NitroDesk Touchdown shows the same exact issue too which is a slightly different Activesync implementation.

Anyone have any workarounds, advice, etc?

Larry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.