iPod Touch 32GB A1318 Won't Restore!

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently thought it would be funny if he put a lock on my iPod touch... turns out he forgot what it was -_-
I tried to restore my iPod by holding the home button and plugging it in, but to no avail, i also tried to fromat it completely using the power/sleep button and home button method but still to no avail, I can't seem to get it to work no matter how hard I try, it just comes up saying "iPod is disabled, connect to iTunes" I've been doing this for the last 7-8 hours straight now and I am about to lose it, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Have you tried DFU Mode?

DFU mode is a mode where the iPod Touch/iPhone will be made to force a restore of the firmware into whatever version firmware it is given.

Getting your iPod Touch/iPhone into DFU mode is somewhat tricky, and it may require some patience/practice because timing is essential to get it to DFU mode and not into recovery mode.

1. First, Open up iTunes, plug in your iPod Touch/iPhone to the CPU's USB port. Turn on your CPU's speaker and make sure it is loud enough that you can hear it.

2. Hold down the Home button (top left for iPod Touch and top right for the iPhone with the screen facing you) and the Power button (located on the front bottom of your iPod Touch/iPhone) simutaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. (past the red slider/slide to power off screen)

3. Now let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button. Your iPod Touch/iPhone should have turned off and the screen should not be on.

4. After around ~10-20 seconds, you will hear a noise (beep/ding) from your CPU as if it had just recognized a new hardware device, now iTunes should recognize it in DFU mode.

5. After iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch/iPhone, let go of the Home button otherwise it will go into recovery mode and you will have to do the entire DFU process over again.

6. You will know when you have put your iPod Touch/iPhone correctly into DFU mode when the display is blank and that you do not have anything on your device.

Found these instructions here

OP
F
Reaction score
Yes, I've also tried that over and over again, DFU mode and Recovery mode were both no-go's, I have no idea why they won't work

OP
F
Reaction score
Also, whenever i connect it to my computer, iTunes comes up saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPod "F3RN4K's iPod" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes"

I also got a new computer last week and I hadn't synced my iPod with this computer yet =/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.