Powermac OS X Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G3 Pismo 500 MHz,128 MB Ram; Emac G4 1.25 GHz, 1 Gig Ram.
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and I don't know if I put this thread in the right place? I have a PowerBook g3 Pismo and I recently installed Tiger on it. I left system 9 on there and today I went to system prefs > start-up disk > OS 9 > Restart and when it restarted, it got stuck on the little 'happy Mac' symbol and I can not get back into Tiger any more? I did not format or partition the Hard Drive and the two Operating Systems are on the same partition.

Any help appreciated!
Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Try zapping the PRAM by rebooting and holding dowen Command, Option P and R keys all at the same time immediately after the chime, and keep held down until after third repeat chime and see if all is well. Normally having OS X and Classic on the same partition presents no problem.

Also consider you may have HDD problems such as a failing drive.

Keep us posted?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the welcome,
I tried this and it still did not fix the issue? Was I meant to use the wall plug?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, I installed a 40 gig drive from an old laptop and am currently installing tiger and OS 9 on it:D How can I get the files off the old drive? The laptop is now silent (the old drive was sooo loud)!
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If the original HDD has failed a data recovery service may retrieve your information but at a price. Data Rescue 3 is one but at $99.00 you have to decide if it is worth that much.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your help! It probably isn't worth the effort as the stuff wasn't that important anyway.
Thanks again....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.