MBP - White screen after wake

Reaction score
When I wake my computer from sleep it shows a white screen with lines, almost as if the screen has been cracked. The ONLY way to restore the image is to restart the computer.

This happens even if the computer is plugged in.
This happens even if nothing is connected to the computer.
This happens even though I have a brand new video card and battery.
This happens because my life sucks.

For now, I have resorted to Insomnia.

Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You stated you have a brand new video card. Since the video chipset is integrated within the motherboard (logic board) the entire logic board would have had to be changed out. Take the machine back to whoever changed the logic board for you because it sounds like you may still have video problems.

OP
I
Reaction score
You stated you have a brand new video card. Since the video chipset is integrated within the motherboard (logic board) the entire logic board would have had to be changed out. Take the machine back to whoever changed the logic board for you because it sounds like you may still have video problems.

Apple replaced it for me, seeing as it was recalled. Ill give them a call.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
This happens because my life sucks.

Come on now.... take a breather, smile and be happy knowing that you're alive, and tackle the issue with a positive attitude. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.