Otterbox for iPhone

Reaction score
I just got my iPhone a week ago and went to the local target and picked up an incipio case for it. The case is decent but doesnt seem like it will protect it very well if i drop the phone. I was looking at the otterbox's and those look very protective. What would be a good one for someone who keeps their phone in their pocket? Kind of a stipid question but I dont want to order something and find that its like carrying a soda can in my pocket all day. Thanks

Reaction score
I had the Otterbox Defender for my 3G and loved it. It was a tank, and survived an ambulance driving over it once.

I now have an iPhone 4 and bought the defender case. The defender case for the 4 is more streamlined than the one for the 3G(S), but I do not like the design as well. I found the rubber outer cover comes loose too easily for my tastes, and its texture makes it very difficult to get out of my pocket.
I have since purchased the Otterbox Commuter series for my iPhone 4, and am very happy with it. While it does not seem as robust as the Defender, it still seems to offer very good protection, and I'm very happy with its fit and finish. Furthermore, it has the rubber on the inside and a polycarbonate outer shell, so it slips into my pocket easier, but there's still enough rubber exposed so that I can hold it securely.

You don't say which model iPhone you have, so I will summarize:
The Otterbox cases are excellent.
If you have an iPhone 3G or 3GS, I'd recommend the Defender
If you have an iPhone 4, I'd recommend the Commuter

OP
M
Reaction score
I have the iphone 4 and thanks for the help! I was looking into the Commuter and am going to order it right now on amazon. My dad had a defender on his blackberry and that was indestructible but I don't want to have that big of a case.

OP
M
Reaction score
So I got my case today and put it on. Its no thicker than my incipio and im thinking this will work great for my needs. Now my only question is, are you leaving the cutout in the back for the apple just be exposed or are you putting a screen protector over it to protect it?? Im thinking about doing so.

Reaction score
I don't see the point in covering the Apple.

I didn't put the screen protector on the front either. I think they're stupid and don't do anything. They scratch easier than the glass so they look crappy, and when they get dirty its harder to clean them than the glass

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.