Optimising battery life

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is the best way to optimise battery life for a Macbook? I have heard that when charged up, you shouldn't leave it plugged into the mains. (I know once charged you should completely empty it before charging again.)
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
As you will see on Mac forums, there are many post about battery life, in which many members run the batteries plugged in almost all the time, while others run them as advised by apple.
I have seen throughout all these different posts, regardless of how people have looked after their batteries, some maintain 95% of original capacity even after a few years, and some maintain 80% all the way down to 30% only after a couple of years.
I am one of the ones who has 95% of original capacity on my Macbook after 3 yrs running it plugged in most the time, where as I have 98% on my Macbook Pro after 2months.

Morel of the story is use your Macbook as you wish, and don't let the battery dampen your experience.

You should NOT be completely discharging your battery every time before discharging i

Anyway, this is from Apple (not that I follow these recommendations).

Apple - Batteries - Notebooks
Apple Portables: Tips for maximizing your battery charge
Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Apple has a great site for how to maintain and use your batteries properly for all of their devices:

Apple - Batteries

In addition, you'll find a lot of great information by searching here at Mac-Forums. There are many threads out there that you'll find useful on this subject:

Mac-Forums.com - Search Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.