Slightly confused between time capsule and airport extreme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2.4GHz Core i5
Right so i been looking into apple wireless and am a lil confused with regard to the time capsule and air port extreme options.

so my understanding is that the airport, is a basic router and that you can connect a usb hub (or just a single usb peripheral) in order to add usb devices such as printers and HDD's right?

now where i am confused and want to know more is whether the TC is all of this with a added in HDD?? i cant seem to find any info on whether you can connect a usb hub to the TC, or whether it can take another ext HDD?

i do understand that the built in HDD can be used and accessed by all users, its just that i would like to use the TC purely for backup and then if it is possible add an ext HDD for the network to share.

i pretty sure i have explained this badly but any help would be rad to so i can get my head around this so i can choose the right one for my needs thanx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.