Airport/Ethernet won't work after 10.5.8 update

Reaction score
[RESOLVED]Airport/Ethernet won't work after 10.5.8 update

Hi everyone,

I own a MacBook Pro (2007) and I need to update my OS, but the problem is that the computer refuses to connect to the Internet in any way after I do. I tried the following with no result:

Reboot multiple times
Turn on/off my router
Plugging in multiple Ethernet cords
Removing/Adding network options
Network Diagnosis (could not diagnose the problem)

I tried everything I could think of, but I eventually had to revert back to the original Leopard installation. Has a fix or patch come out yet to resolve this or is there something I can do?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The 2 primary fixes were:
doing a PRAM reset.
downloading the combo update and install it while in Safe Mode.

They also issued an AirPort client update to address this issue. You would get that through Software Update.

Along with either one of them if they don't work on their own is to go into Network preferences and removing all your connections, saving and backing out, open it up and add your connection again.

Maybe spend the $29 and get Snow Leopard.
I saw a speed improvement over Leopard in my '06 model.

OP
L
Reaction score
I tried the update again and now Airport decided it wanted to work. I guess it was the batch update that did it. Thanks for your suggestion, bobtomay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.