pdf online not opening

Reaction score
Hi

I have an emac running 10.4.11 and a few days ago I noticed it was not able to open pdf files directly from the www.

When I google something and select it if it has a (pdf) in front of it, it will not open, but says done in the left lower corner of the window.

Sometimes it directs me to select an application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi again

I have not had any replies, can anyone help me understand why I cannot open pdf link from web sites. This is a new phenomenon, not sure if it occurred after an update of some sort, but I have never had trouble before.

Again today it happened, went to open a map, and it took me to the Finder like window with the heading "open" at the top and some of the Apllications available but not all.

Any help would be very help ful. so many web sites take you to a pdf, that it is now becoming a real problem.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which browser are you using? It helps to give us as much info as possible so we can try to suggest ways to solve the problem. Also, have you installed any updates lately?

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks and sorry I did not put enough info in the posting

Configuration:

emac Power PC G4 10.4.11 with a 1.42 Ghz

Running firefox 3.6.12

Updated MS Office for Mac recently, maybe updated firefox as well, not sure

Have almost always been able to open pdfs, once in a while they do not open, leaving a blank screen.

Safari opens them just fine.

Went through FF help and did not find anything helpful.

Saw something about Schubert|it pdf plug in.

Would anyone recommend this?

Not sure why it stopped being able to open them. But do recall sometime in the past after an MS update, something like my icamera not working.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.