Spooky Facetime happenings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac i3 3.06Ghz, 4GB Ram, Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Ok, so both my girlfriend and I have iPhone 4’s. We very rarely use the Facetime feature due to me mostly not having access to wifi at work, we have used it a few times to test it out with both of us at home and there has only been 1 other occasion when she was at her mums and I was at home that we facetimed.

So the other night both my girlfriend and I are woken up by my phone vibrating on the bedside cabinet. I look at the phone and it says “accept facetime call” (from my girlfriend’s phone), bearing in mind that it is 2.26am and my girlfriend’s phone is on the sofa in the lounge 2 rooms away and has been since we went to bed around 11.30pm, the only other person in the house is our 18 month old baby asleep in his room.

Naturally I go to the lounge to see her phone on the sofa where it was left dialling a facetime call to my phone.

As you can imagine this has kind of weirded her out and I’m looking for some sort of explanation for this, but can’t. :\

C

chas_m

I have heard other reports of "random FaceTime calling," it seems to be a bug. Since it doesn't cost anything, I wouldn't worry too much about it -- Apple will fix in due course.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac i3 3.06Ghz, 4GB Ram, Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Thanks, i have found a thread on apple discussion forums with others users showing the same issue.

so with evidence in hand i can now assure my girlfriend that we do not have a ghost in the house!

seems like something happened with the facetime servers apple side as the reported facetime calls have all happened at the same time globally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.