New Vivitar DPF no longer accepts photos after deletion

Reaction score
Hello, I bought a keychain (in fact, 2 of them) digital photo frame, brand name "Vivitar", and although one of them was accepting my photos splendidly last night, I made a mistake (by accidentally uploading duplicates/wrong photo into the device) and afterwards, tried to upload additional photos and now it no longer accepts photos. So I tried the 2nd one I bought (after first deleting its factory-installed sample photos) and it, too, no longer accepts photos. I suspect that in this case I'm supposed to to press the "reset" button on the rear of the device, but please take a look at that reset button, people - it's a tiny pinhole.

DSC_0502.jpg

001 - reset button on back of DPF;

DSC_0503.jpg

002 - reset button is a tiny pinhole;

DSC_0504.jpg

003 - USB connect set to "yes";

kdpfnolongeracceptspicsafterdeleteing.png

004 - photos no longer accepted following deletion.

How can I press this reset button if it's a pinhole?

Thanks in advance.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
paperclip - a great many electronics use the same for reset - or for example ejecting a stuck CD/DVD that's stuck your tray loading type players

C

chas_m

Pretty soon we're going to have to start explaining to the youngest of our members what a "paperclip" was originally used for, Bob. :)

I always get a laugh when I address computer groups and we're talking about email. I explain the CC and BCC functions by mentioning what it stands for ... and you can tell by the confused looks on the faces of the under-40s that they are wondering what "carbon paper" was ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.