• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Windows Phone 7 devices free at Microsoft's own stores

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Will be free on certain contracts not completely free offline. In the UK you can get the Iphone 4 free if you want to pay £75 a month for 24 months.

Windows phone may not be great but I doubt Microsoft will just throw away the money they have invested.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's "Black Friday" weekend in the US, essentially the start of the Christmas shopping season - and that's exactly what this sale is for. It's too early to read this as a sign of failure for WP7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Weird. I actually had an odd dream where I had just bought a laborghini as well as this cool new phone that had sweet 3-d screen/interface. I was thinking it was a new microsoft phone from the swooshing startup screen(like the new xbox 360 update), but right at the end, it had an apple logo, even though it kind of looked like a blackberry. I wonder what that dream meant??

I don't think think microsoft is in the right market with their phones.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Windows Phone 7 developers fear platform flop
AppleInsider | Windows Phone 7 developers fear platform flop
Despite a reportedly healthy level of interest from developers, Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 debut appears to have flopped with consumers, leaving developers cautious about investing in the platform.
If your developers fear the platform they are developing for will flop, then geee that's not good at all. Bad for MS I know but their W7 mobiles are really not getting a good word said about them anywhere. I think if the W7 mobile platform truly flops heads will roll. Sure even Vista and the kin failing could not get change to occur at MS. But if W7 mobile fails then I'm sure that will force their hand to make changes.

And if not then nothing ever will.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.