iTunes and iPhone 4 Sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5 2.66GHz - RAM 4GB - OS X Snow Leopard
Hi Guys

I have an iMac, and my iPhone 4 is Synced with the iTunes on the iMac.

The issues is my cousin (crashing with me at the moment) also has an iPhone 4.

Can me and him both use the same iTunes to Sync stuff and update software ? Or does he need to go onto another computer (some where else) and Sync with an un-synced iTunes ?

I would greatly appreciate some help.

Thank You.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
If he were to sync his phone with music, videos, apps, etc. on your computer, that would be stealing unless he were part of your "household". There's been debate over who that applies to (roommates, Dad who lives in the guest house on the back of the property, cousin crashing on the couch for a week). So, just think about that.

It would be very easy to create a guest account for him on your iMac and let him sign into iTunes with his Apple ID to do things like purchasing songs and updating apps, etc. etc. He would have to have an Apple ID already anyways in order to have set up his iPhone for the first time, so why not just keep it all separate? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.