Quark/Post Script Printer/Classics problem

M

M@TT

Working in Quark 5.1 in classics on a g4 ibook 1.33 OSX 10.3.9

Putting together a brochure in Quark 5.1 and have instaled Acrobat Distiller 5.0 to be able to print to .PDF. When I go to print to .pdf the print window comes up and under output it only gives me options to print in black and white and gray scale. it will not let me choose CMYK. Under setup under printer description it only gives me three choices and not one of those if Acrobat Distiller or Adobe Post Script. In chooser I have selected Adobe PS so I'm not sure why these options are not available to me.

However when I opened a Quark document, for the first time today, I got an error message that said "Acrobat distiller printer description file is not currenlty installed. A generic PPD will be used instead."

What do i need to do to be able to print a PS or PDF file in color so I can get this brouchure printed off. This is very urgent for me as this brochure needs to go to the printer in the next couple of days and any help is very appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.