best flickr mac client?

Reaction score
Hi,

Any advice on:

a) Does flickr have a Mac client like Picasso does?

b) If not, if there an obvious most popular flickr Mac client for automated photo uploading/management with flickr

thanks

PS. I'm looking at flickr over picasso as it seems cheaper for the great GB's worth of photos

C

chas_m

a. no

b. beyond iPhoto you mean?

c. yes, Flickr Pro is a good deal ... I lack the patience to upload "GBs of photos" to it but for now it's a good value.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Flickr does have a Mac app, its called flicker Uploadr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
None of these apps are "sync" apps to my knowledge - they're just uploaders and feed readers. I haven't tried iPhoto to work with Flickr, but doesn't it just read the RSS feed of your Flickr space and show you what's there? If you edit a file locally, does it automatically upload the new version and delete the old one from Flickr?

That being said, an app called 1001 is my personal favorite Flickr app. Flickery comes in a close second.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, the new iPhoto 11 has much more robust Flickr syncing than previous versions. Changes made on either side are synced back and forth.

OP
C
Reaction score
schweb - have you used these features? any comments on how solid/robust the sync'ing is?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've used them and it seems decent. A little buggy at times, but nothing show stopping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
Because the Flickr & Facebook support in iPhoto was so horrible in the past, I never bothered to look at the latest version. While much improved, it's still not very good (extremely limiting). After playing with it for a while, it's nice in a pinch, but I still prefer the stand-alone client software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Because the Flickr & Facebook support in iPhoto was so horrible in the past, I never bothered to look at the latest version. While much improved, it's still not very good (extremely limiting). After playing with it for a while, it's nice in a pinch, but I still prefer the stand-alone client software.

Not sure what you're expecting it to do. I would hardly call it "limiting", works perfectly for everything I need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.