iPod Touch gen4 won't sync to / not recognised by iTunes

Reaction score
i just bought a new itouch gen4, and when i plugged it in to my macbook, it only charges, and won't appear in my iTunes (i was using version 10.1). then i tried downgrading it to iTunes 10.0 and it worked. it synced and appeared on iTunes.

but when i tried to sync it again after a few days of that last first sync, the same thing happened again; it won't appear on iTunes and wouldn't sync! i already tried restarting my macbook, both soft & hard reseting my ipod but it still won't sync :(

please help! i'm in frustration here :| when will i ever sync my ipod properly and without any difficulties? i would really, really reallllly appreciate your help. thanks!

Reaction score
iPod Touch

Hi

I have sort of the same problem as you, and was up late last night trying to fix it, what might solve your's is holding the centre button down, connecting the cable, and holding the button until iTunes picks it up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.