how can i control my macbook pro with my iphone ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
I have a MacBookPro 13" with OSX 10.6 and an iPhone 4 on 4.2 OS
I know there's apps out there to let u control the macbook
but idk how to setup anyhting lol

I need something free.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Jail broken iphone with Veency + VNC app for your iphone.

Google is your best friend.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
I'm not jailbreaking my iPhone..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
What do you mean by "control"?
Do you want your iPhone to act as a tiny MBP or do you want the iPhone to work as a keyboard, mouse/trackpad?
There is a great FREE app for the keyboard, trackpad option. It's called AirMouse and I use it on my MBP when hooked up to my TV to watch shows online. Super simple to use and install.
If it's the other thing, there are apps for "remote desktop" with your Mac but they aren't free. Search "VNC" in the App store.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
I already have the paid version of RemoteMouse.
I like it, but I can't see that far away so its kind of useless for me anyways.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You might want to check out iTeleport Connect and see if it does what you need. The Mac client is free but I think the iPhone/iPad client is about $24 in the App store. I use it to control my Macs and it seems to work OK. Haven't tried to use it to control things from outside my network yet but the directions say it's possible.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
$24??
**** that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You might want to check out iTeleport Connect and see if it does what you need. The Mac client is free but I think the iPhone/iPad client is about $24 in the App store. I use it to control my Macs and it seems to work OK. Haven't tried to use it to control things from outside my network yet but the directions say it's possible.

$24??
**** that...

Heya Slydude.... I'm sure that what Oilerz really meant to say was "thanks for that Slydude!" :p

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are other similar programs. If you search the app store for remote desktop clients you should find several programs with similar abilities. I have also tried Jump Desktop: Remote Desktop (RDP and VNC) for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch but it is almost as expensive. There may be a few free ones. It has been a while since I checked.

Normally I might have balked at the price as well but I use these features all the time on my iPlad. I can us iTeleport to control a headless Mac that is attached to our TV or check programs running on my primary Mac while I am watching TV in the living room.

Thanks for the translation 6string. I totally missed that vibe. lol

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
well thanks.
but i don't think i'm interested in this anymore.
i don't even have a credit card, and i don't want to go out and buy a $25 card just for that

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thant's understandable. I did find a few free ones by searching the app store. I think the words I used wore "free remote desktop".

I have not looked through all of them, many require Windows, but I did find Remote Desktop Plus for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store According to the developer's website it has a desktop client that needs to be installed on the Mac but it appears that is also free. There is also a free version of Team Viewer Available.

There are more free options than there were when I looked a few months ago. there are two things to keep in mind though:

1. Many of these types of apps do not play any of the sounds that would normally come through the Mac you are controlling.

2. Some of these programs may only work if you and the Mac you are controlling are on the same wifi network so ask lots of questions. In looking at the developer's website Remote Desktop Plus for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad might have this issue.

3. I'm not sure whether a credit card is required to set up an App Store account but probably so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Teamviewer is a free remote desktop program. Works across multi-platform and supports file transfer also. Completely free and they even have an app. I use it and it works great.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
I already have an App store account..
Just no credit card and i wouldnt pay that if i did.

and i heard of teamviewer i might try that thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.