• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Gran Turismo 5

Reaction score
Okay so ive wanted to make this post for a while, but I got the game right when it came out and have not yet put it down. So who else bought the game? What are your throughts on it? Personally I love the game. Has a very good feel to it in similar to the older ones which I so enjoyed to play. However I do have a few complaints with this game.

1. Why is there no Porsche dealer? Or Porsche in general? They only have the suped up version RUF.

2. The online, well it doesnt hold rankings or give you xp or money. You race, you win, its over. If you lose, there is nothing saying this fool hasnt one a race.

3. Maybe someone can help me with this one, but I havent found a solution. I have put my own person music within the game. But when I race my exhausts are too **** loud. I want to turn down the game volume just a little bit, so i can hear my music better. It seems the game volume overpowers your music and doesnt allow you to lower it.

Reaction score
Okay so ive wanted to make this post for a while, but I got the game right when it came out and have not yet put it down. So who else bought the game? What are your throughts on it? Personally I love the game. Has a very good feel to it in similar to the older ones which I so enjoyed to play. However I do have a few complaints with this game.

1. Why is there no Porsche dealer? Or Porsche in general? They only have the suped up version RUF.

2. The online, well it doesnt hold rankings or give you xp or money. You race, you win, its over. If you lose, there is nothing saying this fool hasnt one a race.

3. Maybe someone can help me with this one, but I havent found a solution. I have put my own person music within the game. But when I race my exhausts are too **** loud. I want to turn down the game volume just a little bit, so i can hear my music better. It seems the game volume overpowers your music and doesnt allow you to lower it.
how's the game?

OP
GinoLicious
Reaction score
Game is wicked. Have not leftmy couch and tv. Those were just a few complaints. Nothibg is perfect though. I recommend for all gt lovers and simulator games.

Reaction score
Porsche licensed the use of its cars to Electronic Arts. That hasn't changed since.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Haven't played it, myself. No ps3.

Most of my friends who have it, though, compare it to Forza 3 (which I do have and play), and pretty much say that the build-up to GT5 was a disappointment, and Forza 3 is superior.

The good things they did mention were the race tracks and the authentic vehicle sounds. They said the actual cars, though, were rendered poorly and don't drive very well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Here's my thoughts on it. The graphics look...OMG AWESOME on my projector at at 120". I like everything BUT the lame damage on the cars, but I've always hated that with GT. Only Forza 3 has ever come so close to fake damage. Unfortunately, I don't play games just because it has good graphics. I play them for the fun factor...which this game does nothing for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Porsche licensed the use of its cars to Electronic Arts. That hasn't changed since.

So did BMW. There is a big list of BMW's in this game.

Reaction score
The game is great.
It has some flaws though. But it can't be compared to any other racing game.
It's far ahead of the competition.
And after they patch in the better damage model, it will be even more superior.

Saying that Forza 3 is superior to GT 5.
Can YOU even take you serious? LoL. Silly.

OP
GinoLicious
Reaction score
I agree. There are going to be many updates it's still new. To say better then forza 3, I have to say that's a little farfetchdd.

Yeah like the other guy said Bmw is in there as well. Alps they do have ruf version of Porsche in the game, but only a select few

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
The game is great.

I have both and F3 is better imo. GT 5 is a good game but it's too little too late. The handling is fine and the driving is what I expected, but only having 200 "premium" cars and the rest as slightly updated GT4 models is crap. F3's customization has way more options. You can swap engines and some of the paint schemes that people do to their cars are beyond amazing. The online content of F3 is superior. GT5's soundtrack, if you can call it that, is totally lacking and the menu system is not very intuitive at all. The load times suck as well. You can only change the wheels on certain vehicles where as in F3, you can change wheels, and sizes on most all vehicles; doing so affects the handling as well. You can't even upgrade brakes in GT5.

GT5 is not a bad game, but how long have they been at it? 5 years? It just doesn't stack up to F3. I mean, I'm a Vdub loyalist and my first car in F3 ended up being a VW corrado with an AWD R32 drivetrain swap that was turboed and ended up with over 600hp.

In fact, the only reason I'm playing GT5 now is because i red ringed my roommate's xbox and I haven't got around to buying a new one. I'm terrible with those things. That's the 3rd I red ringed and 2 I did within 15 minutes of each other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
The game is great.

Yes, you can take me seriously! I don't take you though! I'd be willing to bet a million dollars on my decision on F3 being a better game. But, it's okay, I understand some people only see the pretty pixels and get blown away.

I'm a huge fan of racing games, be it f1, motogp, formula ONE, forza, GT, PG, nascar, and nothing touches Forza. There's a reason why real drivers use the game before races to get a feel of the track and how CARS RUN ON TUNES! Give them GT, and they will probably laugh. Need I emphasize the tuning in Forza?? That's what makes me play the game as if I just got it yesterday.

Also, GT has announced that they would release "more realistic damage" updates since the 3rd GT game...hmmm...guess what they haven't done yet??

Same could be said with PG.

Reaction score
Curious idrinorbarsaku, which console(s) do you own?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
Keep in mind a RUF is not a porsche. It is a make of vehicle. They may start life as a Porsche but enough is changed to be considered a new make.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.