msn for mac

Q

quanz

hey, I just purchased an imac g5 17" about a month ago, and its running great,
other than my fan being loud once and ahwile, and this stupid msn for mac, which loves to disconnect while I have a perfect connection.

is there a replacment for this program
preferably wihtough having to run x11

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
yup, adium all the way

OP
M

Maccraft

Ohh thnx heaps I have been using the crappy msn and it sucks but this is Kick *** cause it is compatible with so many IM's. :)

Reaction score
On adium, is MSN messenger the same as it is on a pc? I downloaded the MSN messenger for mac and it's NOTHING like the version for a pc. Will adium make it more like the pc version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
sunshine1686 said:
On adium, is MSN messenger the same as it is on a pc? I downloaded the MSN messenger for mac and it's NOTHING like the version for a pc. Will adium make it more like the pc version?
Nope. You aren't using a Windows PC anymore, so you aren't going to find many things that look, act, feel, work or operate like a Windows PC version.
I would suggest embracing the Mac OS whilst using it and forget about Windows while you are using Mac. Save the Windows look, feel, quirks and Windows programs for Windows. :black:

OP
D

darcyl

Did you guys download the new version of MSN messneger they just released a few days ago?

The only thing that this MSN doesn't seem to have is Spaces support (viewing their contact card) but I'm guessing Adium doesn't have that either. I actually prefer the latest version of MSN to the MSN Messenger Live that's out on PC right now.

No clue why its disconnecting on the G5 though...is it just MSN or is it network traffic in general?

DL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
darcyl said:
Did you guys download the new version of MSN messneger they just released a few days ago?

The only thing that this MSN doesn't seem to have is Spaces support (viewing their contact card) but I'm guessing Adium doesn't have that either. I actually prefer the latest version of MSN to the MSN Messenger Live that's out on PC right now.

No clue why its disconnecting on the G5 though...is it just MSN or is it network traffic in general?

DL

I got it (the universal version) Haven't really used it much, but it's worked fine for me. Generally, MSN has always had the occassional issue of logging you out randomly. It IS microsoft after all...
Still, I've found it much more stable than some people I know with the PC version. I keep getting messages on the screen saying "so and so and logged in, so and so has logged in again, so and so has logged in again" Other times, I've heard the skin of theme for their PC MSN changes for no particular reason, and have to hunt around for a way to restore it. From screens I've seen of the PC version, it just looks so cluttered. Kind of ironic how in my experience, the mac version of microsoft software runs better than it does in windows :D I try not to gloat too much to my windows friends.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.