Performance gain from 2gb to 4gb.

Reaction score
As you can see I bought a used Aluminium MacBook for £300 a few months ago.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/207650-just-got-macbook.html

Anyway, it has 2gb of RAM, I just ordered 4gb DDR3 PC3-8500 from Crucial for less than £50.

Basically I want to know, does any one here have any discussion about the performance changes when this memory upgrade is carried out? I hope I've not wasted my money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Well if you were using up most of your 2gb of RAM previously, yes you will notice an improvement. 4gb is the average now for computers, and is good when multi tasking a lot, using PS, Illy, etc. You might notice an improvement if you do these things, if not, you probably wont. No harm tho, not that expensive of an upgrade.

OP
D
Reaction score
I take a lot of photos and shoot in RAW, so each file is about 20mb, when I'm using Photoshop, Lightroom, iTunes, Chrome, MSN all at once my Macbook tends to crawl along at times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
I take a lot of photos and shoot in RAW, so each file is about 20mb, when I'm using Photoshop, Lightroom, iTunes, Chrome, MSN all at once my Macbook tends to crawl along at times.

The 4gb should help it considerably then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.