Wireless music

Reaction score
I would like to be able to play the music off my computer to wireless speakers, preferably portable. I do not have a stereo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53GHz, 6GB of RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (late 2008)
Reaction score
Wait for the ones from iHome: iHome: Discover: AirPlay

Or get an Airport Express and use AirPlay with your favourite speakers.
Also, take a look at Sonos: Sonos - Wireless Multi-Room Music System
Don't forget you can also ger Bluetooth speakers, like these: iLuv or these: Parrot by Starck - ZIKMU IN COLOR - Wireless

Please help--I am a Mac newbie and you sure seem to know what is going on in the wireless speaker realm.

I am helping a friend with a new MacBook Pro. She has a Dell desktop that she uses for her company work. We just installed a Netgear wireless network via Comcast so she can now access her Mac wirelessly. The Mac is intended for her personal use.

This is the first Mac either of us has ever used. We are looking for a way to play her iTunes library and/or her Ipod wirelessly. Do you still recommend these solutions for her?

We found these speakers on Amazon. How do you think this rates compared to your solutions?
Thank you for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.