• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Most silly Apple support articles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Here is a couple I found. Really dumb if you ask me.

How to pick up and carry your iMac G5
Before moving your computer, make sure all cables and cords are disconnected.
Pick up the iMac G5 by grasping both sides of the computer. Carry it to wherever you wish.
That's it. Like duh doesn't take a genius to work that one out.
There's a similar one here:
iMac (Flat Panel): How to Pick up and Carry

This just proves Apple have instructions for everything even something that would seem obvious to even someone as smart as Homer Simpson.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Waitaminute..I was told that Apple computers levitate..you mean I have to physically move it myself? I've been lied to...!!

Regards

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
This just proves Apple have instructions for everything even something that would seem obvious to even someone as smart as Homer Simpson.

Too bad Homer Simpson rarely ever reads instructions. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 4GB, 1TB HDD, quad-core
The final note... "Carry it to wherever you wish"

Thanks for that lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
It's not just Apple because there are many examples on other help support or products. Has anyone seen the warning hot caution stickers on heaters? How about the now infamous MacDonalds lawsuit that lead to warnings about hot coffee being hot. I believe part of all this is that the companies don't want to be sued by people blaming others for their mistakes.

You know someone must have done the mistake in order for them to make a specific warning about it. For example it still surprises when I hear reports about people who jump the safety fences at zoos so they can take their pictures next to dangerous wild animals. They are then surprised that the animal mauls them. Zoos really shouldn't need signs that say warning dangerous animal or don't climb over fence but they do...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro. 2.66GHz. 8GB RAM. 256GB SSD. Hi-Res Antiglare Display
It's not just Apple because there are many examples on other help support or products. Has anyone seen the warning hot caution stickers on heaters? How about the now infamous MacDonalds lawsuit that lead to warnings about hot coffee being hot. I believe part of all this is that the companies don't want to be sued by people blaming others for their mistakes.

You know someone must have done the mistake in order for them to make a specific warning about it. For example it still surprises when I hear reports about people who jump the safety fences at zoos so they can take their pictures next to dangerous wild animals. They are then surprised that the animal mauls them. Zoos really shouldn't need signs that say warning dangerous animal or don't climb over fence but they do...

Exactly. Way too many people ignorant of common sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Here is a couple I found. Really dumb if you ask me.

How to pick up and carry your iMac G5

That's it. Like duh doesn't take a genius to work that one out.
There's a similar one here:
iMac (Flat Panel): How to Pick up and Carry

Hmm...

Don't know how to pick up and carry your iMac G5? It's easy.
Still need help? Take the Express Lane to contact technical support

facepalm.jpg

There we go. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.